Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Still running the race

It's been a hard week so far.  I'm not sure why but some little things have been getting me down.  Ironically, Bible Study is the most difficult.  The course of going each week and trying to make friends and sit by someone and make conversation . . . . so this week I pouted and sat by myself and no one sat by me or talked to me.  It's so difficult.  I shouldn't pout but some days I just don't have the energy to exert and make conversation and try.

When I have hard Tuesdays then I look forward to Wednesday mornings more!  Wednesday mornings is missionary day.  The sisters come and we talk, and talk.  Somethings about nothing in particular.  My neighbor still comes each time which is a huge blessing.  She can hear more about what I believe and vice versa.

This week we talked about 'Words of Wisdom'.  This is the revelation Joseph Smith received from Jesus about we shouldn't drink coffee.  Clearly JS wasn't from Washington State.  And we shouldn't drink alcohol or tea or take illegal drugs, etc.  If you'd like to read the entire revelation you can look up Doctrine and Covenants 89.  It's scripture for them you know.

The LDS library app has everything.  However, they should check that everything is spelled correctly before they publish.

At the end of the visit they challenged me with a week of living the Words of Wisdom.  I was a little stupefied.  Really??  You want me to give up coffee??  How far am I willing to go with this evangelism?  I told them I would get back to them (I have their cell phone number and we text back and forth).  So, I had my own little revelation from Jesus.  If I give up coffee (and beer--not such a big deal), they have to read a chapter of the New Testament each day.  Then we discuss what we read instead of their agenda.  Agreed!  So, here we go through Ephesians this week.  Pray for my headache that is surely to come tomorrow morning.  And pray for endurance.  I feel like this move is starting to get me down again--going through a cycle of mourning.

Oh, and if you have time, please pray for our church who is still searching for a Senior Pastor.  We have a short list that the elders is going over right now.  Lord, speed up the search!!  Give them wisdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment