Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Unveiling Grace

I just finished the book Unveiling Grace, the story of how we found our way out of the Mormon Church.  Completely amazing book for several different reasons.  I've read books similar to this before where Mormon's realize the church they love is not the church they think it is.  However, this one points straight to biblical Christianity as the result of learning their church is false.
The best part of this book for me was it has spurned on the study of my Bible.  I need to know exactly where verses are that point to what I believe.  I should be able to get to them easily without stumbling all over myself.  The book also gave me a renewed love of the LDS people and a clearer understanding of how desperately they have been deceived.  I can't imagine having to live my life 'good enough' so that I might receive salvation.  It also gave me some insight into the culture in my little town I didn't have before.
Here is a link to a documentary made of this family telling their story: http://www.unveilinggrace.com/video/unveiling_grace_full.htm

I encourage anyone to read the book.  It's a quick read and will encourage you in your faith.

1 comment:

  1. i know it's not the same, but years ago i read a book called "escape" about a woman who fled from the FLDS. it was incredibly sad. it's completely different, but it made me think of it. i'll try to read this one and watch the video. thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete