Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Nephi and Galatians

Tomorrow morning the missionaries (I lovingly refer to them as 'the sisters'), myself and my neighbor will meet.  I agreed to continue reading 1 Nephi (the first book of the B of Mormon) if they would agree to reading the book of Galatians.  I just picked a short book of the Bible because I wanted to get them in the New Testament and read something in its entirety and not just cherry-picked verses.  Then I smiled to myself when I began to read Galatians last week:

Chapter 1

6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.
10 For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ.


Be praying for me Friday morning!  I need all the help the Spirit can give :)

No comments:

Post a Comment